Lakeshore Family Dentistry
4706 Banning Avenue
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- July (5)
- June (5)
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- At Our Practice, There is No “I” In Teamwork
- OD – Why You Need to Know More About this Most Destructive Dental Disease
- Grasshoppers, Grapes and a Finnish Saint
- Beautiful Teeth are No Longer Just for “As Seen On TV” Shoppers Anymore
- Give a Kid a Smile Today and Every Other Day
- Oral Cancer Is On the Rise—What Will You Do to Protect Yourself?
- Hey Tough Guy, Do You Have Sensitive Teeth?
- February (5)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- Why Does My Tooth Look Grey?
- A “Bad Bite” Can Cause Cracked Teeth And Many Health Issues
- Our Patients Have Rights And Responsibilities To Receive The Best Dental Services We Can Offer
- This Has Been A Great Year Sharing And Participating In Our Community
- Growing Trend Of Tooth Decay Related To Dry Mouth
- July (8)
- Trust Us to Help You Laugh Again
- Why Fluoride is added to Drinking Water
- Can Poor Oral Health Have a Negative Impact of School Performance?
- Is your chair killing you? Why the hours you spend at your desk could put you at risk
- Use 1 Less Paper Towel Each Day, Save 571,230,000 Pounds Each Year
- The Mayans are at the forefront of every great invention… Find out what else they paved the way for
- True or False: George Washington’s teeth were carved from wood.
- Heart Disease – Most people don’t know they have it until it’s too late
- May (6)
- February (3)
Advancements in technology have paved the way for many choices in dentistry. Compared to the past, the options are vast and the results can be amazing. For example, the composite (natural looking) materials used for fillings offer many options for dental patients. Today, amalgam or metal fillings are used less frequently for many reasons. Some dental offices want to be as eco-friendly as possible. Using metal in dentistry creates waste that is difficult to recycle. Also, using metal in the body can create poisons that the body cannot tolerate. Cosmetically, metal fillings are not as appealing as other materials because overtime the tooth can turn grey.
There are some advantages of using amalgam or metal fillings. They generally cost less and they have the potential to last longer. However, there are more disadvantages than advantages. Some of the disadvantages include:
Amalgam fillings are more noticeable because they do not match the natural color of your teeth.
Amalgam fillings need more space than composite fillings, creating the need to remove healthy parts of the tooth.
Amalgam fillings can cause discoloration of the tooth.
Amalgam material may experience more incidents of expansion and contraction, creating cracks in the tooth.
Many experience allergic reactions to the amalgam material.
At Lakeshore Family Dentistry we constantly strive to find better solutions for our patients. We integrate advanced technology with our expertise to always improve the services we offer. That is why we use Lava™ 3M ESPE technology. This superior restorative process uses state-of-the-art technology with advanced materials to create the most natural looking restoration possible.
Take a look at these impressive before and after pictures of clients from around the nation who have experienced the Lava™ difference. https://www.google.com/search?q=lava+crowns&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS541US544&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=t84YUtfVNseq2QW_-YCoCw&ved=0CGEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=583