Benefits of Dental Implants vs. Other Tooth Replacements
posted: Aug. 19, 2020.
Do you want a tooth replacement option that looks, feels and acts as your real tooth did? Look no further than Lakeshore Family Dentistry. Dr. Scott Kron and Dr. Jason Ross place dental implants right in their White Bear Lake, MN, office for oral function and smile aesthetics superior in every way to conventional tooth replacements.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of compatible titanium. Implants look like threaded screws, and because of their titanium composition and rough surface texture, the jaw bone bonds inseparably to them.
Called osseointegration, the bonding process guarantees a solid foundation for later placement of a metal post and porcelain crown. Your dentist place multiple implants to support bridges and dentures, too.
To be sure dental implants are right for you, your dentist will evaluate the quality of your jaw bone and examine your oral tissues. If you qualify, you'll undergo the dental implant surgery right at Lakeshore Family Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN. Over the course of subsequent weeks to months, the bone and implant will integrate. Then, you'll return for the restoration of the implant with a crown.
Benefits of implants versus conventional tooth replacements
1. Dental implants improve jaw bone size and quality, avoiding bone degradation and facial changes typical of tooth loss. Traditional bridges and dentures do not exercise the bone as they simply set on top of gum tissue.
2. Dental implants can last indefinitely--even a lifetime, says the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness (IDIA).
3. Unlike partials and full dentures, implants and implant-supported dentures stay in your mouth. Plus, they are as strong and stable as real teeth. Laugh, speak and eat with confidence.
4. Dental implants are easy to care for with daily flossing and twice-daily brushing. Plus, eat whatever healthy foods you like. Implants don't shift or wobble. They maximize biting and chewing power.
5. Dental implants seldom fail or require replacement.
At Lakeshore Family Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, Dr. Scott Kron and Dr. Jason Ross see wonderful results after dental implant placement. So, why not achieve your best smile? Start now with an in-office consultation. Call for an appointment: (651) 429-3348.